My first attempt to start wildfly from IntelliJ IDEA 13 Ultimate didn’t work (glassfish 4 was ok, though):
The IDE said something like: “please run intellij idea at least with java 1.7”
whoot?! i’m on 1.7 jdk for quite some time time now.
What was the problem?
– first idea: check the active java version:
volkers-imac:~ mupfel$> /usr/libexec/java_home
Ok, fine here.
Please refer to Stackoverflow for details.
– 2nd idea: check the project setup:
jdk 1.7 here, too.
– ask google:
possible cause found: IntelliJ IDEA uses java 1.6 compatibility mode according to IntelliJ Support.
The rest is easy:
Change IntelliJ IDEAs default java version:
– Open the IDEA config file Info.plist in an editor:
You may want to keep a copy of the original file - just to be sure:
volkers-imac:~ mupfel$> cd /Applications/IntelliJ\ IDEA\ 13.app/Contents
volkers-imac:~ mupfel$> cp Info.plist Info.plist.orig
volkers-imac:~ mupfel$> vi Info.plist
– search for the jvm option JVMVersion and change the value from 1.6* to 1.7*
value after change:
– save the file and restart IntelliJ IDEA – you’re done