Today i want to start a new maven based project. The result should run on wildfly and should employ arquillian for integration testing.
I first read about arquillian back in february. i learned it was very tedious to get wildfly 8 and arquillian play nicely together. Thanks to my friends sorin and octavian for sorting out the difficulties (version number hell comes to my mind) .
i stumbled upon an article by arun gupta telling about a maven archetype to create a project together with arquillian configuration for wildfly and glassfish:
mvn --batch-mode archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.javaee-samples \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=javaee7-arquillian-archetype -DgroupId=<YOUR GROUPID> \
(please omit backslashes)
The result is a configuration supporting wildfly 8 and glassfish 4 – both remote and managed.
Pom.xml contained (at least in my case) a commented profile for wildfly embedded – simply remove it.
In my case i removed glassfish stuff, too.
Both remaining profiles (wildfly-remote-arquillian and wildfly-managed-arquillian) worked out of the box.
I tested with wildfly 8.0.0.Final and 8.1.0.Final. The latter after changing a property value in pom.xml:
Thanks to @aslakknutsen for making use of arquillian that easy and to Arun for blogging about it.